4 Percent DA hike Announced by Assam State Govt.
4 percent DA Hike, DA Hiked 4% From 01 July 2023, DA/DR 4% Hiked for Assam State Govt Employees, Pensioners 4% DA Hike
Governor of Assam is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief (DA/DR) to the state Government Employees and the pensioner who is entitled to draw pay and pension as per A. S (ROP) Rules, 2017.
Official notification has been published by the Finance Department of the state vide notification number: FEG.2498/2017/271 dated 28th November, 2023.
|Period from Which Payable
|Rate of DA/DR Enhanced
|Rate of DA/DR per Mensum
|From 01st July, 2023
The DA hike is a welcome relief for Assam State Govt employees and pensioners, who have been facing rising prices of essential commodities and inflation.
The DA hike is expected to have a positive impact on the economy of the state. It will boost the consumption demand of state government employees and pensioners, which will lead to higher economic growth.
DA/DR generally announced by the state and central Government twice a year which i.e 4%+4%= 8% annually.
While announcing the DA/DR, few guideline provided along with the official notification which were provided below:
Notes: 4 Percent DA hike Announced by Assam State Govt.
- The payment on account of DA/DR involving fractions of 50 paisa and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and fraction of less than 50 paisa may be ignored.
- The order shall apply to government employees who are brought over to the revised scale of pay w.e.f 01/04/2016 and to those elected to retain the scale of pay that prevailed prior to 01/04/2016. In case of former, pay for the purpose of DA will be as defined in F.R 9(21)(a)(i) including stagnation increment. Those govt employees who exercised option to retain the scale of pay that existed prior to 01/04/2016 shall continue to draw the DA as is appropriate to the pay scales in force on 31/03/2016.
- The order shall also be applicable to work charged employees and to those paid from contingencies and holding post carrying identical pay scales as applicable to the employees of the regular establishments of corresponding categories.
- The amount sanctioned shall be classified as DA/DR and the expenditure for the purpose will be debitable to the detailed head of salary. Wages or pension under respective head of account from which govt employees draw their pay and the pensioner draw their pension.
- The current hiked rate of 46% DA/DR shall be paid along with monthly pay or pension from the month of December, 2023.
- Arrear DA/DR shall be paid from 01/07/2023 to 30/11/2023 in 2 installments though bank account of the employees and pensioners. First installment of 50% arrear shall be paid along with December, 23 Salary or pension and second installment of 50% shall be paid along with April, 2024 salary or pension.
- State Govt employees whose superannuation is due in the period w.e.f 01/07/2023 to 30/11/2023 may be allowed enhanced rate (46%) while computing the leave encashment benefit.
- The Treasuries, Sub-treasuries in Assam/Authorized public sector banks are allowed to release the payment of DA/DR to the pension according to the official notification.
What do you mean by Dearness Allowance?
Dearness Allowance (DA) is an allowance paid to employees by the government or private sector employers to compensate for the increased cost of living due to inflation. The allowance is calculated as a percentage of the employee’s basic salary and is usually adjusted twice a year, depending on the inflation rate.
DA also plays an important role in promoting social justice and equity. This is because it ensures that employees and pensioners are not disproportionately affected by inflation.
Overall, DA is a valuable allowance that has many benefits for employees and pensioners. It helps to protect their purchasing power, maintain their standard of living, boost consumption demand, and reduce their financial burden.
For more information you may click here.