ESIC Defaulter payment Fine: If the employer makes late payment against the monthly ESIC contribution payment and return then ESIC will impose Default payment Fine.
Employee State Insurance Corporation provide social Security benefit to employees working under private companies or organization covered under the ESI Act, 1948.
Every employees whose monthly gross salary is less than INR 21000/- eligible to get benefit under ESIC.
The monthly contribution rate for employee is 0.75% on gross salary and monthly contribution rate for employer is 3.25% as on 01.08.2022.
Every employer required to file the return under the provision of the Act within 15th of every month against the preceding Wages month.
If the employer make late payment than it will attract fine or penalties under the provision of the Act and employer may get notice from ESIC branch office for ESIC Defaulter payment Fine.
Here is the flow chart for How to check ESIC Defaulter payment Fine:
- Go to ESIC portal.
- Click on Employer Log In.
- Log in using User ID and Password.
- After successful log in go to Recovery/Defaulter challan.
- You will get 3 option under Recovery/Defaulter challan:
- Defaulter List.
- Recovery Certificate.
- And Demand payment.
- Under Defaulter list you may find the below categories:
- C-18 Actual.
- C-18- Adhoc.
- Order under section 45-A.
- Order under section 85-B.
- Check under all the above heads for defaulter Payment fine if any.
- Then select the Defaulter Period.
- After selecting Defaulter payment system will calculate the dues automatically.
- Put the same amount in the given place and select online payment option.
- Make the payment online.
You may also ready about: Atal Beemat Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
After successful payment of ESIC Defaulter payment Fine it would be recommended to submit a copy of the paid challan along with a request letter to nullify the defaulter payment dues at the Regional ESIC office or branch office.
After submission of the Letter with paid challan keep the acknowledgment copy of the same for future ready reference.
If you find the article helpful and if you have any query regarding the article then please do comments below.