Ladakh Minimum Wages has been revised for schedule employment and official notification is already out.
The Labour Commisioner of the Union Territory has published the official notification vide notification number: SG-LD-E-04112022-1160 dated 2nd November, 2022.
The effective Minimum Wages in Ladakh from 4th November, 2022 provided in the below table:(all values Indian rupees)
|Sl No||Categories||Minimum Wages per Day|
According to the official notification, there are some specific area in Ladakh where it is quit difficult to work. In such area Minimum wages is 10% higher on an average the regular minimum wages rate. These areas include Zanskar, Durbuk and Nyoma.
List and Type of Industry or work of 45 Schedule Employment: Ladakh Minimum Wages
- Woolen Carpet Making or Shawl weaving Establishment.
- Rice Mill, Floor Mill or Dal Mill.
- Tobacco Manufacturing.
- Plantation industry for growing cinchona, rubber, coffee.
- Oil Mills.
- Employment in Local Authority.
- Construction and maintenance of road or building operations.
- Stone Breaking or stone crushing.
- Employment in lac manufacturing.
- Employment in any mica works.
- Public Motor Transport.
- tanneries and Leather Manufacturing.
- Employment in cloth stitching work.
- Wood Carving.
- Private Brick & Tile Making.
- Shops and Establishment.
- Private Transport.
- Forest Industry.
- Light Engineering Works.
- Steel and Metal Rollins Mills.
- Silicate and Chemical Works.
- Auto Body Fabrication work.
- Food Manufacturing Industry.
- Wood Product Manufacturing Industry including paper and paper products.
- Manufacturing of Metal and Steel Utensils.
- Rosin and Turpentine Products Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing of Soap & Detergent.
- Sports item manufacturing industry.
- Electrical and Electric goods production industry.
- Saw Mills and Joinery Products.
- Employment in Arms and Ammunition including private Security Agency.
- Tailoring and Garment Working.
- Manufacturing of Drinks and Beverages.
- Ice Cream Factories & Cold Storage.
- Employment in Hair cutting Saloons.
- Employment in Healthcare & Healthcare Item and Equipment manufacturing Industry.
- Walnut Processing Unit.
- Private Education Institute.
- Private Coaching Centers.
- Employment in Cleaning and Sweeping works.
- Brick Kiln Industry.
- Cement Industry.
- Plastic Industry.
- Hotels/Restaurants/Tea Stalls and Cinema Theatre.
According to the notification:
Unskilled Work means which involves no skills and simple operation and does not required any experience.
Skilled Works means work that required skills or competence acquire through experience on the job or through training as an apprentice in a technical or vocational institute.
Highly skilled work means the work which required formal degree or competence to perform certain specific job and the person would be able to take the responsibility of the work he is performing.
For more information you may visit the official website of Ladakh Labour Department.
For any query regarding this article, please do comments below.