Minimum Wages in Sikkim has been revised by Government of Sikkim for Schedule Employment in the state with effect from 11/07/2022.
The notification has been published to revised the Minimum Wages in Sikkim for Schedule Employment on 11th July, 2022 vide notification number: 44/DL.
The skill-wise revised Minimum Wages in the state has been provided in the below table: (all values in INR)
|Sl No||Skill Category||Existing Rate of Daily Wages||Proposed Rate of Daily Wages|
Labour Department of Sikkim also specify certain rules and regulation that the employer should maintain while disbursement of salary. These are pointed out below:
- According to the notification, the Minimum wages include basic plus Dearness Allowance but exclude other concession if any availed by the employee.
- The rate of Daily wages is different at various altitudes shall be as under:
- Up to 8000 ft altitude- Normal wages should be paid.
- From 8000 to 12000 ft altitude- 50% more than the normal wages should be paid.
- From 12001 to 16000 ft altitude- 75% more than the normal wages should be paid.
- Above 16001- Double the normal rate of wages should be paid.
- If employee work continuously for 6 days in a row he or she shall be given 1 paid holiday on either Sunday or any other Haat Day.
- Maximum 8 hours of work allowed as per the provision and not exceeding 48 hours in a week.
- Overtime work should be paid with double the normal rate of wages.
You may also read: Latest Minimum Wages updates in Tripura in 2022
Categories of Worker: Minimum Wages in Sikkim
Unskilled Category include the below workers:
- Office Boy.
- Shops Assistant.
- Service Boy.
- Earth Digger.
- Field Worker.
- Grass Cutter.
- Jali worker (Cement Concrete Pipe).
- Line Assistant.
- Laboratory Assistant.
- Daily care Taker etc.
Semi-Skilled Category include the below Workers:
- Assistant Fitter.
- Assistant Black Smith.
- Assistant Weider.
- Assistant Painter.
- Pump Man.
- Gate Keeper.
- Stone Breaker.
- Crane Operator.
- Assistant Switch Board Operator.
- Engine Operator.
- Tyre and Tub Mistry.
- Press Man.
- Field Assistant etc.
Skilled Category include the below workers:
- Pipe Fitter.
- Spray Painter.
- Line Operator.
- Machine Man.
- Chemical Analyst.
- Boiler Attendant.
- Air Conditioner Operator.
- Photo Artist.
- Manager (Petrol Pump).
- Laboratory Technician etc.
Highly Skilled Workers include the below:
- Heavy Vehicle Driver.
- Bull-Dozer Operator/Driver.
- Roller Driver.
- JCB Driver.
- Any Technician having ITI or Diploma.
- Security Guard having more than 8 years of experience and Graduate person or Ex-Army Person in the Rank of JCO.
- Any other category which can be considered as Highly Skilled in nature.
You may download the official notification by click here.
For more information you may visit the official website of Sikkim Labour Department.